Saturday 25 July 2015

THE CHOICE



INT. TAYOS ROOM. NIGHT.
Loud background party noise. Dim light TAYO is alone in the room he paces slowly stops brings out a pouch from his pocket. Stares at the pouch, sits on the bed. Background sound lowers.

TAYO
No! I cannot do it!
He throws the pouch unto the bed. Ebun opens the door peers into the room
EBUN
Tayo! Tayo!

Ebun comes in. turns the light on

EBUN (CONTD.)
You are here. Have you done it?

TAYO
Ehn! Done what?

EBUN
You know now!

TAYO
I can’t. I love kemi.

EBUN
Oh my…! Jeez…!

Ebun with starry eyes places both hands on his head. Moves closer to Tayo sits on the bed. Tayo looks away.

EBUN
You’ve got to make her your woman!

Ebun picks the pouch brings out the content

EBUN
With this, the job would be less stressful for both of you! She would be in bliss! And by the time she wakes up, you are done.

TAYO
That is the point. I can’t rape her.

He puts the pouch back onto the bed.

EBUN
Who is talking about rape!
Tayo turns looks at Ebun

EBUN (CONTD.)
…Well…! May be semi-rape! But you’ve got to do it. She expects it! She wants it! Isn’t she your girlfriend?

TAYO
Pick your thing!

EBUN
Tayo, don’t be a disappointment.


TAYO
Sorry I can’t drug her to have sex with her! Do you know that she is a virgin?

EBUN
Virgin! Virgin you say? The more reason why you need to prod her to a sleep

Tayo picks up the pouch stabs it into Ebun’s hand.

TAYO
Ebun thanks! Take it and get
out! I shan’t be a rapist.

EBUN
Just…!

TAYO
Out of my room now!

He goes to sit. Ebun tosses the pouch up.

EBUN
Don’t forget the party is still on.

Ebun hisses as he walks out of the room. Tayo runs his hands over his head.

TAYO
I shan’t be a rapist! I shan’t be a rapist!
Background music heightens.


The End


Umoru haruna
Oke-Afa

25.07.15

No comments:

Post a Comment